Hyun was born in Andong, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea. Facinated by the concept of time, even as a child Hyun experimented with it, even testing old sayings like the idea that a watched pot never boils. Hyun's interest in the nature of time led to her studying physics at the University of Tokyo, earning a bachelor's degree in science with a specialty in quantum physics. Hyun's thesis, proposing the possibility that, with the right technology and genetic engineering, time manipulation in a form was possible, led to her being singled out by the University of Oxford in the UK and was asked to join their department as a researcher.
While working at Oxford Hyun was considered a bit unusual due to her radical ideas on the perception of time. Unknownst to her however Hyun's research was at one point recorded by the Paradise Foundation as a part of their own research into the Temporal Gene. After the International Temporal Enforcement Agency was formed Marika Heino reached out to Hyun and helped her vindicate her theories, then offering her a position as a lab technician. Hyun accepted the job and has been thrilled ever since, please to see her earlier theories were not misguided.
Science Department Co-WorkersEdit
- Rachel Clarke, also co-worker
- Sophia Katsopolis, also co-worker
- Juro Takashi, also co-worker
- Bethany McGill, also co-worker
- Anna Federov, also co-worker
- Suzanna Ortiz, also co-worker
- The IT Files: Ivan's Reunion
- Hyun is physically based on actress and model Jina Song.
- Hyun is a fan of umbrellas, frequently carrying one with her.